Friday, May 09, 2008

Still Amazed...

Hi there...

After long...long....time never fill in anything into this blog, then I feel that I have something to be shared this time...

Yesterday I just met my new line manager. Previously there was only 1 layer to the big boss in APAC but now, they (the management) just added 1 more layer...meaning the stairs to the "heaven" (on earth) :) is going higher...

Anyway, he brought a few good news at least...
1. Salary increasement...yummy... I never make an estimation about this year salary increased. At least you get 7.5% is good enough, more than that as additional... But he mentioned a figure that make my eyes "terbelalak", you know? Ten years working in this company, never happen this way... Hey...there is a first time for everything, rite? Anyway, I just said thank you for their recognition to my effort all this time. Thinking further, I just tried to calm myself after that and keep my way of understanding, that money is only money... You can say it's enough or you can say it's too small depend on how do you treat and spend the money. I had the experienced of losing so much money in a short time, I had a time when the big money was offered in front of my eyes..but again money is only money. It doesn't make you happy forever, it doesn't make you health forever and most importantly doesn't make you go to heaven @ the end....sigh...wish that I can buy 100 m2 land in heaven... All in all, I said thanks God for that and hoping I can manage it better than before.
2. Possibility to help other projects in another country... do I need to say more for that offer? Apa yang terlintas di benak gua? Many things, such as new experiences, chances to know about new languages, new foods, new cultures, elaborating my network etc...etc... Hell, yes I want that... But not forgetting too the bigger responsibilities along with that offer... Let's see...

And I said also to him that eventhough this company or specifically this department give me enough salary or whatever, I will still move if there's nothing left to be learned...
Always living and learning...

1 comment:

Surya said...

Ha... ha... congrats then, for the pleasant surprise. Now, comes the tough decision: savings or D-300? Hmm... that 70-200 VR f/2.8 looks good too...

Glad things paid off, eventually.